Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
On the Developer Empowerment team we empathize with developers to empower customers with exciting solutions they couldn't imagine before. As a Senior Software Engineer on the team you will engage with customers early and often in the development cycle, work with product leadership to identify high-impact outcomes, and design and develop tools and frameworks to make development prolific and easy.
- You will take technical leadership on features, work with colleagues to define them, design and break them down - then drive them to completion with peers on your team.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You will lead and partner with team members and collaborate across organizations.
- You will amplify the voice of internal and external customers and work with service providers to refine developer experiences.
- You will mentor, support, and empower your team members to help make the team greater than the sum of its parts.
- You will develop open-source tools, client libraries, frameworks, in-depth examples, and resources to enable developers to build solutions on the Splunk Cloud Platform.
- You will utilize and maintain code generation to keep client libraries up-to-date with a constantly evolving SaaS platform.
- You will work with groundbreaking technologies, taking advantage of open-source initiatives and third-party services to provide the best developer experience.
- You will thoughtfully review client code, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance.
- You will invent telemetry to gain insight into the customer experience.
- You will support Splunk customers by troubleshooting and offering guidance.
- 8+ years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- You have deep experience with at least one of Golang, Python, or Typescript
- You are passionate about client development and providing phenomenal experience for other developers.
- You are passionate about CI/CD and solving process problems with frameworks such as Gitlab, CircleCI, or Github Actions or building highly automated and maintainable software.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and take pride in mentoring and transferring knowledge to others.
- You are comfortable breaking down complex topics into concise and digestible language, both written and verbal.
- Expertise working with thoughtfully designed Restful APIs and influencing API design choices is preferred.
- Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger and Splunk is preferred.
- Experience developing development frameworks, including API and library design for multiple target languages is preferred.
- Experience using Docker to containerize tools, builds, or services in your projects is desirable.
- Familiarity with one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure and Google Cloud is desirable.
- Participation and/or contribution to open-source projects is desirable.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.