Senior Software Engineer – UI (React) / Splunk Security Analytics
Splunk Security Analytics (SSA) is Splunk's next-generation, cloud-native analytics solution that detects known and unknown security threats at petabyte scale. Security Analytics detects threats in near real-time by using stream processing and artificial intelligence in order to help security analysts quickly identify and resolve security threats.
As part of our team, you will be responsible to build the user interface of SSA. SSA is a new project which means that you will have the opportunity to help us build a new product from the ground up! We are small team of people who care deeply about our customers and our teammates. You will work directly with Product Management, the Design Team, and other engineers to help derive the best experience for the customer. We have a lean process that focuses on empowering and serving our engineers as opposed to just directing them.
If you are passionate at what you do and want to make an impact, then this is the place for you!
- Develop new product features (such as identifying libraries to use, defining the architecture, techniques to use, etc.), clarify and improve designs, and help put together a plan for how to make it (using Scrum).
- Work with the Design, Product and Engineering team to develop designs, use-cases, and workflows. This can include creating low-fidelity mock-ups and/or providing feedback to proposed designs.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture and use-cases to ensure we deliver customer value.
- Use Continuous Integration (CI), testing technologies (unit, functional, performance), and best practices to ensure that the product is of high quality.
- Champion, coach and mentor others to solve problems in new and creative ways with the goal to continuously maintain team efficiency and morale.
- 8+ years of front-end development expertise
- Experience using Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Development (CI/CD) methodologies
- Familiar with test automation technologies and strategies (such as testing frameworks, TDD, building a culture of testing, etc.)
- Engaged in performing project planning tasks such as: creating or clarifying stories (defining acceptance criteria, checking for clarity, etc.), sizing/splitting stories.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively serve others within a dynamic matrix environment.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
Things That Set You Apart:
- Created or contributed feedback to mock-ups, workflows, or use-cases.
- Experience supporting a product after release (including troubleshooting customer issues, triaging bug reports, supporting production deployments, etc.).
- Security experience or knowledge.
- Full-stack development experience (Python, Django, Java, Go, etc.).
- Open-source development work
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented, fun, and dedicated peers you can learn and grow from.
- Free snacks, stocked kitchens, a rooftop patio, cold brew coffee and a host of other perks.
- Fun. It is literally one of our core tenets.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers by giving them ownership and leadership opportunities.
- Work life balance, with the ability to work at home at times, take extended vacations and enjoy your personal time.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.