Splunk's Cloud group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design, and build the automation services and infrastructure to deploy critical upgrades at scale across Splunk’s Cloud offering. Collaboration with release management and automated configuration will be a primary focus with keen attention on quality, testing, and validation of surrounding orchestration dependencies.
We have a substantial AWS and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to grow your cloud experience using Golang and Kubernetes to help drive the growth of Splunk Cloud.
What You Provide
- Software Development. We code primarily in Golang, which is the expected language to use day-to-day on the job.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Kubernetes experience. An understanding of working in Kubernetes systems with experience in kubectl, the operator/controller pattern, and Docker containers.
- Drive for automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?"
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Unix/Linux. You’ll be using a command line terminal frequently in day-to-day work.
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have the opportunity to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud and container experience. Building and scaling secure services on different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Capable in navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.