Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Dashboards, Front-End
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk builds software that lets you search, report, monitor and analyze live-streaming and historical data across the entire data spectrum, from IT to Marketing to Operations, all from one place and in real time. Getting a vast variety of massive data in and ready for analysis is never easy.
The Enterprise Dashboards team strives to simplify the creation and consumption of dashboards and reports by both advanced and beginner users in Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Cloud, and to create tools and resources that aide in making beautiful, operational, and impactful dashboards in order to democratize insights from Splunk data to the wider customer organization..
- You will work with cutting-edge web technologies like React, BackboneJS, HTML5, CSS3, LESS, Python
- You will build responsive web applications for speed and scale
- You will ensure the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs working actively to influence the same
- You will help develop specifications for the design and development of User Interface elements for Web, Mobile and Voice Applications
- You will build applications ensuring that development meets all usability and accessibility requirements and standards
- 5+ years of front end development experience
- Built and delivered an app on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise in front-end technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, etc.)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve the same
- Proficient with Node.js and the common frameworks and npm modules
- Excellent problem solving skills and great attention to details
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with automated software and system management and development tools
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exposure to project methodology or work structures; understand project lifecycle
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams (not just engineering)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support -- Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status