Splunk is seeking a hardworking individual who is passionate about creating world class software engineering teams. At Splunk we are dramatically improving engineering productivity by continuous improvement of our processes, tools and technologies to measurably increased employee productivity and job satisfaction levels. You will need to be intimately familiar with large-scale software development and all aspects of the SDLC. We would also like you to demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills across project and functional teams. Collaboration, creativity, friendliness and perseverance are important traits required to succeed in this role. If you have a passion for creating world-class software engineering teams that measurably outperform previous benchmarks please contact us.
We make engineers more productive and engaged through training, tools, infrastructure and automation.
Area Of Focus:
- Onboard new hires and train existing engineers to be productive as quickly as possible to increase engagement.
- Build tools to shorten developer cycle time to detect errors and bugs with code or infrastructure to reduce frustration.
- Build tools and infrastructure to automate manual tasks as part of the software development life cycle to increase velocity.
- Optimize to improve long term productivity by measuring and driving down wasted time to reduce frustration.
- Connect engineers to key information and to each other in order to discover useful shared projects and avoid duplicates.
- Analyze and measure engineering processes, systems and tools to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engage with all internal engineering teams to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide recommendations to monitor measure and improve all aspects of the SDLC at Splunk.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stake holders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for helping other people generally, and developers specifically
- Experience deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux at scale
- Have conducted new hire or technical training sessions
- 5 + years of hands on software engineering experience
- Experience working on cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of the Git version control system
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Competency with CI/CD based engineering processes
- Experience using deployment automation/configuration management
- Have created tools for yourself and other engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.