Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and celebrating each other's success.
Are you excited about data? Join us in developing sophisticated platform services, frameworks, and tooling that allows customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics, and more in a scalable and reliable way.
What We Offer You
Splunk's Data Stream Processor team (DSP) is seeking an exceptional Backend Software Engineer to design and implement data pipelines running at petabyte scale that can analyze, enrich and act on data in flight.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the product team to design and develop a variety of features and reusable components to integrate structured data sources with Splunk real-time machine data collection.
- Deliver new products that make a difference in the market
- Implement the features that use groundbreaking technologies
- Ensure high-quality products by authoring great tests
- Analyze and optimize back-end code, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Create clear and concise technical engineering documentation
- Provide technical guidance, and engage in design and code review for other team members
- Provide testing, troubleshooting, and ongoing support of systems.
What you'll need
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Proven work experience in Java and Spring
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with cloud systems (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command-line scripting and administration
- Bonus: Python for scripts
- Bonus: Knowledge of SPL (Splunk's Search Processing Language)
- You are passionate about building, observing, and operating distributed systems at scale in production.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when writing code that will run at scale.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative, and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You are passionate about new technologies and willing to learn and share with the team
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment. We are also flexible with respect to working from home.
- We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).