Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk’s Cloud Infrastructure organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
What we’re looking for
Splunk's Cloud Infrastructure organization is creating a new Traffic Engineering team to help scale and secure our new global SaaS offerings. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design and build the internet traffic management systems that will power our next generation SaaS platform.
We have a substantial AWS and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an unique opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What you bring
- Expertise in designing, implementing and delivering software and infrastructure for internet traffic management. Technologies include (Geo)DNS management, GSLB/Anycast, Load Balancing (IPVS, L4, L7), API Gateways and Service Meshes, IP address management (IPAM), TLS infrastructure for securing network communication.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python to Terraform. In this position you'll be mostly using Go.
- Distributed programming. Experience in working on and debugging distributed systems like CDNs, databases, data replication, etc.
- Quest for automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?"
- Knowledge of technical best practice. You know continuous delivery, testing, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud and container experience. Building and scaling secure container services on different cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) is a plus. You will use Kubernetes and containers in various cloud deployments.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and solving the root cause of incidents.
- Continuous Learning. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and so are our engineers. We want you to be excited about your projects and feel pride and ownership in your work.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and exploring new technologies.
- A team of capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.