Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a team building new and innovative SAAS products using machine data, machine learning and analytics? Splunk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of an agile team in building collaborative incident management and monitoring solutions. This team is a part of Cloud applications group in Splunk, that has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation and machine learning to build solutions that address IT Market needs in the monitoring, incident response, incident remediation and automation space.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion to search, building exciting end user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have experience building cloud native applications in an agile manner using DevOps concepts and principles.
- Experience having designed, implemented and released distributed SaaS applications to a large customer base.
- Have designed and developed APIs and micro services and released them using automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Have distributed systems design experience and integrating multiple systems using enterprise integration patterns and standard methodologies.
- You are proficient in coding in one of these languages: C/C++, Python (Django) OR Go.
- You have worked with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- You are a full stack engineer comfortable with JS frameworks as well as API/microservices development.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering best practices.
- 7+ years of experience and a MS in Computer Science preferred.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.