Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you excited about building innovative solutions? Do you thrive in an atmosphere where your work can have a deep impact on the backend systems architecture design to front end development and everything in between? Splunk's Cloud group is looking for engineers to help build our large scale Cloud offering. You will work with a team creating a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing. You will be working to ensure development teams, product teams and our cloud customers all understand exactly how their cloud systems are performing.
- You feel passionate about building, observing and operating distributed systems at scale in production.
- You are a self-starter, innovative and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You are as eager to lead and mentor your team members as you are learn from them.
- You happily participate in a well-defined dev-ops culture.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- You can collaborate on a team to build, review and help design high quality software and systems.
- You have experience in secure multi tenant cloud development
- You have a validated foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security.
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier every day.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication - both verbal and written
- Passion for ensuring systems are observable
- Solid understanding of good software engineering practices
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to provide mentorship
- Experience with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Go and Docker preferred.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Understanding of auto-scaling, Infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and reporting
- Experience with building SaaS multi-tenant applications using OAuth or SAML authentication providers
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.