Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Enterprise team is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to join the team of hardworking engineers working on the core server powering our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. If you are interested in solving some of the most challenging problems with large-scale distributed systems, you'll find this role both challenging and satisfying.
What you provide:
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively be responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- Understanding of Distributed Systems Programming. Examples of area you may be knowledgeable in may include multi-threaded programming, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, consistent hashing, CAP theorem, multi-process execution models, good grasp of data structures and algorithms, etc. You don't need to be an authority on everything, but you should have foundation to build on.
- Experience with distributed architectures/systems. You have experience in writing optimized and scalable software systems that work on a large number of nodes.
- Education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's preferred. 5+ years experience working with large C/C++ code bases.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of uncommonly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.