Join us on the Splunk Site Reliability Team, working on our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! You will configure and maintain our customer-facing SaaS product, Splunk Cloud. Come join a team that is striving for operational awesomeness and trying to automate the world. We have a large AWS presence, and you should have experience with AWS architecting, deployments, and networking. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for skilled Site Reliability Engineers to support and build our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with a fun, diverse, geographically distributed team to deliver an excellent product and an exceptional experience to our customers.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You constantly consider "How can I automate this process?"
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- You have worked in one or more cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure), and enjoy engineering and architecting with a "Cloud First" mentality.
- Experience monitoring large environments using tools like Splunk, VictorOps, and Nagios.
- You care about good documentation and appreciate how it allows a distributed team to function.
- Ability to tackle complex problems, resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors to find solutions.
- Comfortable working with critical, customer-facing issues and able to prioritize quickly when escalations happen.
- Extensive experience as a Linux system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems.
- Experience running complex systems in AWS, including Amazon EC2.
- Experience with Python or Shell for scripting, and Git or similar version control system.
- Experience supporting customer facing SaaS infrastructure or similar cloud related services.
- Splunk experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or comparable work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.