Title: Senior Security Sales Engineer
Opening Date: 3rd September 2019
Closing Date: 2nd October 2019
As a Senior Security Sales Engineer at Splunk your primary responsibilities will be to:
1. Write and deliver thought-leadership; both business focussed and technical presentations targeted to a security audience.
2. Demonstrate in-depth Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
3. Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows as the security expert.
4. Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
Deliver and manage advanced Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome.
5. Answer complex technical and competitive questions in the security arena plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
6. Develop relevant presales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
7. Develop relevant enablement materials to further the security knowledge of the wider team.
8. Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
9.Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
10. Understands how Security Software like Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
11. Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
12. Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
This individual should be a regular attendee at leading international cyber-security events such as DEFCON/ Blackhat/ BSides. And should be a regular contributor to the Information Security community.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate knowledge and practical experience in the following:
1. Penetration testing
2, Security GRCA
4. Security software deployment
5. Enterprise Security Architecture
6. Knowledge of compliance standards (CSA CCM/ ISO27001,2/ PCI DSS)
ISACA (eg CISA)
Splunk Certified Architect
Splunk Certified Admin
ISACA, SANS, or similar relevant bodies.
Technologies/ Technical skills – Essential
Strong UNIX/ Linux Windows skills
SIEM – i.e. Splunk Enterprise security preferred
SOAR – i.e. Phantom
UEBA – i.e. Splunk UBA
Identity/ Access management
Technologies/ Technical skills – Preferred
Machine Learning (Python, SCALA etc)
Experience with Architecture standards (TOGAF/ SABSA)
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills1. Extensive Presales experience working for Enterprise Software Vendor.