Sr Security Engineer - Secure SDLC
You will work closely with all our internal development teams to ensure we build in security from day one and follow best practices. Ideally you will have a solid development background and have progressed to be a security expert. Your ability to keep up to date on all new security challenges and work with our teams to develop protection mechanism is key.
Perform application security assessments including architecture review, threat modeling, code review and penetration testing. Assist and enable engineering teams to adopt secure development practices. Provide software security advice to cross-functional teams including product, engineering, and services. Work closely with engineering and product teams to drive security issues to resolution.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Have hands-on experience finding security design flaws and implementation bugs consistently by performing different secure SDLC activities.
- Able to develop software security guidance including training material, best practices, secure coding checklists, reusable code, etc.
- Have experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, integrating security into a CI/CD workflow.
- Have hands-on experience with tools and technologies used throughout secure SDLC (e.g., Burp Suite, AppScan,Fortify, CheckMarx, WhiteSource, Blackduck).
- 5+ years total experience performing secure SDLC activities like Threat Modeling, DAST, SAST, OSS and manual pen testing
- Expert understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of crypto primitives, authentication protocols and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens)
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Knowledge of OSS scanning tools like Black Duck, SourceClear, WhiteSource.
- Knowledge of network architecture, protocols, and standards.
- Scripting and tool development