Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and who seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most significantly by contributing to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will collaborate with other security teams to execute on strategic plans and develop tactical execution methodologies which enhance the “protect, detect, and respond” capabilities of Splunk’s Global Security Team. This engineering position partners closely with Security Architecture, Security Operations and Corporate IT. Engineering and Operations areas supported include Splunk’s Cloud environments, IT, and other corporate functions. Engineering is a core function within Splunk’s Cyber Security team and a critical indicator of success of the Engineering team is realized by the delivery of quality events to the Detection, Monitoring and Response Operations Teams. Responsibilities include Development, Testing, Deployment, Sustainment, Break/Fix, Patching and Updating security solutions.
You will provide engineering and operational support for leading edge security tools, as well as deploying and running services that make full use of both private and public cloud services. This security engineering professional role is responsible for planning, design, implementation and ongoing support of high complex systems to fulfill the business needs. You will provide engineering support in the following areas:
- You will support other Security verticals executing the security roadmap based on the Splunk’s priorities and initiatives.
- You will maintain the engineering team’s operational level agreements to detect and respond to critical security service delivery issues.
- You will perform technical evaluations to identify coverage gaps in existing information security toolsets.
- Support the development and deployment of solutions that are in alignment with Splunk's desired risk appetite.
- You will provide security infrastructure deployment, service maintenance, change control, support, information protection, system resiliency, and break fix.
- You will support business owners with the deployment of security solution(s) that reduce risk.
- You will evaluate and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk’s overall risk posture.
- You will be a part of the Splunk culture that delivers results in accordance with the highest standards in security engineering.
- You will work with other Cyber Security teams to effectively manage and develop security monitoring, sensor enrichment, and tuning solutions.
- You possess the ability to accurately assess problems from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the optimal course of action.
- You will support collaboration when working on engineering’s goals, objectives
- Understand GDPR regulations and the protections afforded customers and employees
- Engineering experience in driving security and compliance initiatives
- Remarkable written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Achieve security engineering’s goals / objectives that drive engineering projects by taking ownership and delivering results.
- Communicate data, facts, and analysis regarding operational delivery
- 10 or more years of security experience in one or more of these critical areas: Information Security Technology, Engineering, Operations, Technology Infrastructure and Proof of Concept - testing labs.
- Direct experience in Security Engineering / Operations
- Multiple meaningful security certifications (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Understanding security technology’s role in ensuring compliance in both cloud provider and on-premise environments.
- BS/ BA, degree or equivalent work experience
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.