A Senior Security Sales Engineer supports the pre-sales process for our technical field team working with Splunk’s account teams on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s security solutions to our largest commercial clients spanning all business sectors and sizes. You will be the "eyes & ears" for the field serving as the expert for the security products, supporting customers and prospects in the region.
- Establishing and proactively maintaining valuable relationships with clients and partners.
- Work closely with direct account teams to understand sales strategies and plan for support of that strategy including briefings, demos, proposals, Proof of Values (POVs), integrations and issue resolution for our security portfolio.
- Communicate with Spunk customers to understand security architecture, infrastructure, and cyber security objectives in order to map a customer’s security priorities to Splunk product capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s security products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Hands-on leadership to resolution of technical/integration problems.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of security technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and communicate clearly in emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT: We can guide you on the technology, help you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an unbridled curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an exciting team and a positive, fun-loving demeanor.
- 5+ years as a successful pre-sales engineer (SE), systems integrator, or equivalent experience within cybersecurity
- Familiarity with current cyber threats and malware, incident response (IR) practices, security information and event management (SIEM), automation tools, and endpoint technologies.
- Experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Familiarity with scripting languages -- particularly Python
- Highly desirable industry certifications include: SANS GIAC, CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Familiarity with data technologies such as Map-Reduce, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark, NoSQL
- Effective time-management skills
- Available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the East Region up to 50%.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $138,000 - 189,750 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
Base Pay Range: $132,000 - 181,500 per year