Professional Services Security Engineers fuel solutions to ensure enterprise security deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organisation. Splunk consultants solve organisations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Splunk is looking to grow the foundation of its Professional Services team within the German speaking market with Security focused consultants to deliver high value security related solutions.
Responsibilities: I want that!
- Drive complex security focused deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Work with our customers to understand their security posture and requirements
- Support our security deployments by unlocking the potential of Splunk to assist our customers in achieving their Cyber Security strategy
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organisation to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximise the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- 3-5 years in development, deployment, or administration of Splunk Enterprise Security and/or large commercial SIEMs (HP Arcsight, IBM QRadar, Intel Security Nitro, LogRhythm, etc)
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV (Cisco IDS, Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, McAfee, Symantec)
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; the command line interface is your second home
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Well organised with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Experience with Fraud related use cases is desired
- Travel to customer sites and working from customer sites is required
- Fluent in English, written & spoken
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience