Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and, valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be a part of Splunk's Product security team and will help the team “shift left” within the SDLC. You will wear different hats including being a product manager for security tools, being a senior engineer establishing standards and reviewing code from junior engineers on the team and, leading delivery timelines.
As a Senior Tooling and Automation Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain security tools that integrate with developer workflows
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable containerized, RESTful services.
- Establish conventions and standards that improve code quality and maintainability.
- Understand common security anti-patterns, the developer approach to solving these problems, and build solutions that enable developers.
- Expert understanding of application development frameworks, build-systems, and ability to integrate tools into the CI pipeline.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins,open-source and build tools like CMake.
- Ability to pick up new languages/technologies.
- Familiarity with SAST, DAST and OSS scanning tools.
- Effective written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Contributions to open source tools, particularly security tools.
- Experience developing and rolling out security solutions that have been received well by developers.
- Experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks.
- Open for remote
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.