Senior SE Manager Central Europe – EMEA
Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead a SE team working with customers of strategic importance for Splunk. This individual will be responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of his Presales team. This position will be a hands-on, lead-by-example position, working closely with Splunk’s Sales and Channel organizations on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to Enterprise clients.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions. You will be responsible for actively leading and managing the Presales organization to assist in the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Splunk’s solutions and services. Splunk Sales Engineers must be able to answer technical questions from clients regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our client's technical staff. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Central Europe SE Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead and manage a world-class Presales team in your region.
- Be able to identify and hire top talent into the Presales organization.
- Mentor and Coach Presales Engineers.
- Define development and performance plans to maximize the potential and performance of the individual members of the Presales team.
- Identify strategies and tactics to improve the operational effectiveness (in an on-going manner) and results of the team. For example, work closely with the Presales team to develop and continually improve Presales best practices and processes, e.g.: POC planning, etc.
- Provide oversight on important Presales activities, such as POC planning and execution, approval of RFI/P responses, ensuring that the Presales team are SE Certified and able to deliver compelling product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Become an active member of the German Technical Services Management team, collaborating and coordinating strategies and ideas that will benefit the EMEA wide Technical Services organization.
- Work closely with the other SE Senior Managers on the prioritization and scheduling of Presales resources to support important sales opportunities.
- Participate in account planning meetings to understand on-going activities within important accounts and to identify new and follow up opportunities.
- Work with sales management to drive product and services revenue.
As a leading member of the Presales-Team you must also take a lead role in important sales activities, such as
- Provide technical leadership and vision.
- Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focused and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
- Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Business Knowledge and Experience
Domain knowledge and experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management, Security, Business Intelligence/Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organizations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organizations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- 5+ Years of Managing & Developing Germany focused Pre-sales Team.
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field).
- Proactive and self-sufficient.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process including the technical win.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organized, analytical and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning attitude.
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Can-do attitude.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.