Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will build, extend, and maintain a large Salesforce implementation while partnering with our internal IT development teams and stakeholders across the organization. At Splunk, our Salesforce implementation serves most, if not all internal business partners and is a part of our end-to-end customer lifecycle. We’re looking for someone that is passionate about the Salesforce platform, approaches their work with attention to detail and quality, and is energized to help our team work through the daily challenges of supporting a large, complex Salesforce implementation.
What you’ll do
- Provide support to a global, cross-functional team developing on the Salesforce platform in the form of hands-on Salesforce configuration, issue triage, and deployment support
- Design, build, and test enhancements to Salesforce in the form custom objects, page layouts, workflows, alerts, and security settings within Salesforce
- Extend and maintain user access controls including Profiles, Permission Sets, Roles, and Sharing Rules
- Support new and existing systems integrations with the Salesforce platform
- Support release management including production deployments
- Maintain the Salesforce non-production landscape
- Work across functional teams to identify and address technical debt
- Build and maintain processes for the Salesforce platform to ensure we are following best practices and delivery standards
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Technical proficiency with the Salesforce platform including configuration of custom objects, workflow rules, process builder, validation rules etc.
- An understanding of Salesforce standard methodologies and how to apply them in the real world
- Experience partnering with a large, multi-functional team supporting Salesforce
- Proficiency in triaging and debugging production issues
- Interest in working across departments to manage shifting priorities and requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence a large organization
- An understanding of modern, cloud related business processes across marketing, sales, support
- Intense curiosity and a sincere interest in learning new technologies, platforms, and business processes
Education and certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience
- Salesforce App Builder or Administrator certifications preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.