Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Engineering/Presales Manager to join our team in Tokyo Japan. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing Teams across Japan. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manage a team of Enterprise Sales Engineers in Japan helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct continual pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during onboarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Develop a close working relationship with Customer Success, Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross-functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver detailed presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 10+ years relevant experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Proven experience in managing an Enterprise SE Team in Japan is critical.
- Native Japanese communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas;
- Fluency English communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen or relevant work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.