Work with an industry leading software platform. Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join our presales team as Senior Sales Engineer (m/f/d)
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions.
As a Splunk Sales Engineer (m/f/d), you’ll be the primary technical sales resource for the Field Sales team supporting our Enterprise clients. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You will be the subject matter expert for our team serving our customers and prospects in the region Central Europe.
Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle not only with our customer's technical staff.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- You should have experience with discovering pain and determining value with customers.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, communications, energy & utilities, manufacturing, online services, and/or retails markets. Preferable with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to support development and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience: I know that or I have worked with that!
- Domain knowledge and experience in any of the following areas:
o Big Data
o IT Operations
o Security & Fraud
o Application Delivery
o Business Analytics
o IoT & Industrial Data
o Log Management
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages would be an advantage.
Education, Experience and Additional Skills: Got it!
- A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field).
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong communication skills, including fluent verbal and written German & English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.