Join a company filled with people that are passionate about their products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. Be part of the vision that turns data into action and guide our customers through their very own data jungle. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to join our presales team in Germany as Senior Sales Engineer (m/f/d). This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions.
What does it take to be a Senior Sales Engineer (m/f/d) at Splunk?
- Curiosity: You tend to want to understand the why of a scenario as much as the what and typically use a range of skills to discover whether the first response to the question really describes the situation or its implications
- Customer Success: Selling is phenomenal, but customers being successful with your solutions is one of your main motivations.
- Technically Astute: Splunk Sales Engineers enjoy the detail and have an appetite, a thirst for up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and solutions that businesses use to be successful in their digital transform journey.
- A communicator: You have an ability to use a wide range of communication styles to both demonstrate and convince prospects at all levels on the capabilities and value of solutions. You can tell a great story of how other customers achieved success. You communicate openly with your colleagues
- A people person and collaborator: You enjoy meeting new people, and you maintain and develop your network of colleagues, partners, and contacts within your accounts. You’re unreserved, as you would feel comfortable introducing yourself to a new customer prospect and quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility.
- Confident: You have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that your product is rock solid, and the ability to transmit this confidence to a customer.
- Adaptable with a growth mindset: Change is a constant, willingness you build in time to develop your skills, new skills, knowledge, experience, or capabilities. You look beyond the current opportunity towards the bigger picture that could exist within a prospect.
- A Collaborator: You understand that selling is a team game, so you spend time developing your network of colleagues and partners to achieve your success – and theirs.
- Competitive: If you’re in it, you want to win it!
- Fun: Getting the job done and enjoying and generating fun doesn’t need to be mutually exclusive.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle not only with our customer's technical staff.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- You should have experience with discovering pain and determining value with customers.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Technical Knowledge and Experience: I know that, or I have worked with that!
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations, and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process and articulate business value/ROI case studies
- Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits to address the client’s business needs.
- In-depth Observability or Security Domain-knowledge
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc.
- Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux, or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages would be an advantage.
- Experience with SOC Operation Process (including SIEM, SOAR, …) and/or Security Architecture would be an advantage.
- Experience with cloud native Applications and cloud architectures would be an advantage
Education, Experience and Additional Skills: Got it!
- A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field).
- Strong communication skills, including fluent verbal and written German & English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.