Are you ready for your next challenge and are you ready to help us change the world? Come to Splunk! As a Splunk Sales Engineer (SE), you’ll be the primary technical resource for the Field Sales team for Korea area. For this opportunity, you'll use your technical and leadership expertise and help grow our customer base.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Challenge customers in how they are thinking about their problems
· Challenge Splunk in how we serve our customers
· Enlighten and provide insight as to how Splunk can transform customer operations
· Guide customers to where they realize that Splunk is the only solution
· Identify and build Splunk champions within your customers
· Commit to your customers’ success
· Celebrate your customer’s success (You’ll be doing a lot of this)
· Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
· Understand which word is in every bullet above. Figure that out and you will understand your mission at Splunk.
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers
· Demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
· Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
· Love technology, but more importantly love articulating the value of technology
· Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
· Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
· Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
· Possess the conviction regarding the value of Splunk
· Will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
· At least 8 years pre-sales experience
· Working knowledge of Python, JAVA, Shell, Regular Expression, Linux and Windows OS
· Architectural understandings around public cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP) would be a plus.
· Splunk has many use cases in ITOps, DevOps, Observability and Security experiences in these areas would be a plus. Especially in Observability.
· Relevant certification in subject domain is desirable e.g. CISSP, AWS Certifications
· Knowledge of Machine Learning would be a plus.
· Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
· Willing to travel as need to visit prospects and customers, and to engage onsite customer work when required.
· Native Korean speaker, good English would be a plus.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer: At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings: KRW 105,600,000.00 - 145,200,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.