Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role is to cover West France; Toulouse, Bordeaux, Nantes and surrounding areas with some travel to Paris to meet the wider team.
As a Presales Consultant, you will join a community of presales specialists responsible for the technical elements of the Splunk sales cycle. You will help enable your prospects and customers to understand how Splunk can meet their requirements and becoming their trusted advisor on how they can resolve their business pains using Splunk solutions.
You will have already gained some experience in a technical role and should be keen to develop your technical knowledge and gain an understanding of how different businesses use technology.
Over time in this role you will gain Splunk Sales Engineer Certification and develop deep Splunk skills and broader domain knowledge that you will use in many different aspects of your work. You will be assigned a mentor to help you navigate and accelerate your journey.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) :
· Assisting customers by effectively delivering various standardised technical product webinars
· Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
· Delivering consultative presentations, demonstrations and workshops to help prospects understand how Splunk addresses their technical and business requirements, and how it differs from alternative solutions.
· Building strong relationships with prospective clients, and managing the presales and technical strategies for opportunities you work on.
· Establishing the most appropriate form of Solution Validation for your opportunities and managing them to a successful outcome.
· Creating custom demonstrations based on customer use-cases and/or data to demonstrate Splunk’s ability to meet their requirements.
· Responding to the technical elements of proposals, where you, sales and technical management have determined it is appropriate to make a response.
· Being a trusted As a Splunk Presales Consultant your primary responsibilities will be to:
Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focussed and technical presentations.
Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
Deliver and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome.
Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
Develop relevant presales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
Business Knowledge and Experience
Domain knowledge and experience in any of the following areas:
Big Data (from a data management perspective),
Application Performance Management,
Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
You will be living in the West region of France and happy to travel around the area.
A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc.
Detailed understanding and knowledge in the area of Log Management and analysis would also be beneficial.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Software Vendor.
A University degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field
Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
Strong communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English language skills.
Strong knowledge of the sales process.
Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
Excellent team skills.
Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. and answering presales questions from prospects and customers
· Acting as a Splunk representative at trade events
· Providing general recommendations on Splunk solutions architecture
· Identifying and managing any technical issues throughout the sales lifecycle to the satisfaction of the prospect.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.