Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a special pre-sales engineer to join our team in Tokyo Japan as Sales Engineer. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing organizations. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Responsible for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in partnership with the sales/channels Team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services
- Develop and expand our web based content and work with marketing and sales to refine our service value proposition, literature as well as sales approach.
- You also would be expected to have experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical sales engagements as well as being able to present and sell our product to our customer’s technical and executive audience.
- Answer technical questions from customer's regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer happiness through all stages of the sales process
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff, leaders and management
Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Appropriate 7+ years pre-sales/Sales Engineering experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of working six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Extraordinary interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Strong record of success of overachieving targets
- Validated knowledge of machine data logging and analytics techniques processes and tools.
- Expert knowledge of the Security marketplace.
- Fluent, Native level Japanese Communication
- Business level English Communication
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.