Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Embrace your inner geek within a team of incredible technologists at Splunk!
We are looking for an A-Player to join the Splunk family in Sydney to help our strategic customers harness the full value of our platform. You will have a passion for working with key accounts focused on continued growth and demonstrating Splunk’s actionable intelligence.
Our sales engineering team are responsible for demonstrating our broad solution set to our customers, and also becoming domain experts in one of our key technology focused areas. We are ideally looking to hire someone with a passion and expertise across Opensource/ Delivery Engineering/ Cloud technologies.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Demonstrating Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Establishing and developing positive relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Travelling to visit prospects and customers/partners, and to engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
- Answering complex technical inquiries plus addressing customer concerns to a successful outcome.
Requirements: I have done or can do that!
- Ability to develop a good understanding of each customers' business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals.
- Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to support development and articulate business value/return on investment case studies.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and should be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes
Requirements: I have that!
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Practical skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Familiar with other open source technologies.
- Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages.
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Vendor is preferred
- Subject matter expertise of the sales process and sales methodologies is key to the role
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.