Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Embrace your inner geek within a team of incredible technologists at Splunk!
We are looking for an A-Player to join the Splunk family in Melbourne to help our strategic customers harness the full value of our platform. The successful candidate will have a passion for working with key accounts focused on continued growth and leveraging Splunk’s actionable intelligence.
Our sales engineering team are responsible for demonstrating our broad solution set to our customers, and also becoming domain experts in one of our key technology focused areas. We are ideally looking to hire someone with a passion and domain expertise across DevOps/ Delivery Engineering/ Cloud technologies.
So, if you're looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity, please continue reading. When you join Splunk, you will be working with a team of wicked-smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers success. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
As a Splunk Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical sales resource for our Strategic Account Manager in Melbourne. You will be the domain expert for our team serving our customers, partners and prospects.
Splunk SEs answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
Splunk: "What I get!"
- Work with an industry leading software platform
- A flexible working environment
- A wealth of training and a mentor to make your start smooth
- Much valued Splunk certifications
- A collaborative management understanding needs of customers and employees
- A company that lives its values: Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun!
- Demonstrating Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Travelling to visit prospects and customers/partners, and to engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
- Answering complex technical questions plus addressing customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals.
- Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to support development and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, not limited to our customer's technical staff.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and should be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages would be an advantage.
- 5+ years of Presales experience working for Enterprise Vendor would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process and sales methodologies would be an advantage
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.