Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth company. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to help support the business, Sales Compensation, and Sales Operation teams. This analyst role will be responsible for managing the incentive compensation system’s testing and responding to reporting requests from various teams. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure the Sales Compensation function’s efficient and timely operations.
Splunk is looking for a meticulous and motivated individual with experience implementing or administering enterprise-level incentive compensation systems and/or extensive reporting/analytics experience. The perfect candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills, work independently and in a team setting, demonstrate strong organizational skills, and the aptitude to multitask & prioritize workload to meet critical timelines and thrive in a highly driven environment.
This position will report to the Sales Compensation System and Reporting Manager within the Accounting team.
- Administer the day-to-day operations of Xactly Incent, the commission systems, including running processes required for the monthly commission run, responding to system-related inquiries from the various functional groups, and working with IT to troubleshoot any system-related issues.
- Provide support to the Sales Comp team with any system-related questions or requests.
- Support and work with the Sales Compensation Operation and Sales Ops team on the full cycle of the sales compensation process on changes and updates throughout the year.
- Work closely with BSA and Xactly support to address system issues.
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis for SOX commission process and testing.
- Help develop & improve documentation and support strong internal controls.
- Promote a culture of learning and development as it relates to the Sales Compensation System.
- Continually evaluate our incentive compensation processes with an eye toward scalability, streamline, automation, efficiency gains, data accuracy, and business process controls.
- Provide world-class customer service to our Sales organization and internal customers
User Acceptance Testing
- Help with the commission system configuration year-over-year changes and UAT testing, including creating test scripts and executing them.
- Manage the testing of any system changes or enhancements to the commission system before rolling them out to the production instance.
Reporting / Analytics
- Create and implement robust Sales Comp Reporting and Analytics as a tool to assist Sales Leadership in managing the business and making data-driven decisions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports that provide sales performance and/or incentive results to various functional teams within the organization.
- Work with both Sales Compensation and Sales Ops team to define, create, modify, and execute accurate reporting using Xactly Analytics, Xactly Connect, Tableau, Snowflake, and/or similar BI/visualization tool.
- Support ad hoc projects and report requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Technology System Administrator or related field of study, preferably with a strong analytical background.
Years of Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of sales compensation administration experience or related field/function.
- 2+ years reporting / analytics experience.
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of sales compensation process and analysis.
- Experience with Xactly Incent or a similar incentive compensation management application.
- Data Analysis and Reporting experience required.
- Advanced MS Excel experience, including advanced functions (e.g., vlookups), is required.
- Knowledge of Xactly Connect functionality and Xactly Analytics reporting module is preferred.
- Experience with Data Management (e.g., Informatica, Mulesoft), Business Intelligence or Data Visualization (e.g., Tableau) tools preferred.
- Python, SQL experience preferred
- Solid experience working with systems, process improvements, and automation.
- Experience developing testing scripts and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience working in an agile environment is preferred.
- Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Snowflake, Tableau experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and process changes;
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and meet timelines under pressure;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to collaborate and prioritize and be highly organized;
- Capacity to work closely and cross-functionally with all teams;
- High motivation with tolerance for tight schedules;
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams, and business partners;
- Strong customer service skills with a readiness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment; and
- Strong work ethic.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.