Sr Sales Compensation Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth company. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Sr Sales Commission Analyst who will be primarily responsible for training, administration, and analysis of our Sales Incentive Compensation Plans and Statements to our Field organization. Successful candidates will have experience with Xactly Incent or similar commission system software and audit and sox compliance experience as it relates to sales compensation bookings. Splunk is looking for a highly motivated individual with great attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and a positive attitude. The ideal contender should have the skills to work independently or in a team setting and demonstrate strong organizational skills and the aptitude to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a highly driven environment. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the Sales Compensation function. This position will report to the Sales Compensation Manager.
- Administer global data input but not limited to draw, MBO, quarterly commission bonus, and SPIFF payouts.
- Perform monthly audit, reconciliation, and root cause analysis of sales compensation bookings between SFDC, Snowflake, and Xactly to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate periodic training to new and existing sales teams globally on the usage of the system, compensation statements, and document acceptances.
- Provide ongoing support on various commission issues and inquires.
- Assist with analyzing and preparing payout statement analysis as needed.
- Ensure timely routing of electronic distribution and acceptance of worldwide yearly comp plans, policy, and quarterly sales certification letters.
- Work with internal/external auditors quarterly for commission audits.
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis for the sox commission process and testing.
- Assist with commission reporting & analysis as needed.
- Maintain and refine commission-related data within SFDC, Snowflake, and Xactly.
- Ensure compliance with SOX for our compensation documents, processes, and programs.
- Ensure consistency in data and opportunity information in SDFC and Snowflake across all sales theaters.
- Be able to support and work with the Sales Compensation and Sales Ops team on the full cycle of the sales compensation process on changes and updates throughout the year.
- Provide world-class customer service to the Sales organization and internal customers.
- Assist with the implementation of our annual sales comp plans, manage/reconcile large data sets, and assist with UAT testing as needed
- Backup to other Sr Sales Compensation Analyst Theate
- Ad Hoc Projects as needed
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent, preferably with a strong analytical background
- 4 – 5 years commission administration experience
- Strong people orientation with excellent interpersonal skills needed to support the dynamic sales team
- Able to handle the high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform tasks independently, demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills with minimum direction
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Xactly/Incent and SFDC experience a must
- Must have previous work experience and working knowledge of sales compensation process and analysis.
- Experience working with a sales organization along with legal, IT, and hr organization
- Capable to quickly adapt to new technologies and process improvement changes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Customer service attitude with a readiness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.