Senior Sales Compensation Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Senior Sales Compensation Analyst will be primarily responsible for analysis & administration of the Sales Incentive Compensation Plans for our Field organization. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail and experience administering complex Incentive Plans. This role will collaborate in a team environment with various levels of management. This is an excellent opportunity for a sharp, eager professional passionate about working in a dynamic environment with one of the fastest growing companies in the Bay Area. This is a highly visible role with opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Responsible for the monthly/quarterly calculation and accurate payment of incentive compensation for our field sales organization
- Administer draw, MBO, commission bonus, and SPIFF payouts
- Work closely with Sales Operations to process new hires, terminations, transfers, and retroactive changes
- Provide ongoing support on various commission issues and exceptions
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports that detail sales performance for Finance and Sales Operations
- Help streamline, automate, and improve end-to-end commission processes
- Partner with Sales Operations to maintain and deploy worldwide yearly compensation plans
- Ensure timely electronic distribution and acceptance of yearly comp plans, policy, and quarterly sales certification letters
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis for SOX commission process and testing
- Help develop and improve documentation, and support strong internal controls
- Provide world-class customer service to our Sales organization and internal customers
- Build and maintain business partnerships with the Sales organization as well as Finance, Accounting, IT, and HR
- Provide ongoing training for new and existing sales reps on Xactly software
- Support ad hoc projects and report requests as needed
- 4 – 5 years sales compensation administration experience
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of sales compensation process and analysis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-starter who requires minimum direction and/or supervision
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to support and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Salesforce.com & NetSuite experience preferred
- Experience with Xactly Incent or a similar application
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and process changes
- Microsoft office skills (emphasis on advance Excel skills and Power Point)
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent, preferably with a strong analytical background
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.