Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is looking for a strong Senior Revenue Analyst to join our high-impacting Revenue Team. You will play a critical role with our end to end revenue cycle, including monthly and quarterly revenue closes and other revenue related tasks/projects. You will also work cross-functionally with our Order Management, Billing, Sales, and Finance teams. Ideally you are an excellent teammate who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, but also a critical and creative thinker that can jump into the details while having an understanding of the bigger picture.
- Own monthly revenue close and reporting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and revenue reconciliations
- You will participate in quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility
- Perform monthly close procedures including backend controls to ensure accuracy of revenue
- Assist and Perform ad-hoc/special projects and analysis as needed
- Contribute to process and system improvements in the revenue cycle, including ERP system enhancements and departmental projects as needed
- You will perform quarterly analyses of stand-alone selling prices for existing and new products
- Perform analyses of revenue allocations
- Review contracts such as order documents and licensing agreements for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines, ASC 606, document the appropriate revenue treatment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in revenue
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles, and a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have the ability to work independently and have the willingness to tackle challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding and use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a Big Four a plus
- Experience with financial systems a plus; NetSuite, RevPro, FinancialForce
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.