Senior Program Manager/ Senior Product Supportability Engineer
San Jose, CA /San Francisco, CA /Plano, Texas, Seallte, WA
In this role; you will represent the Support & Service organization in all aspects of New Product Introduction (NPI), from product concept definition through the End of Life, to prepare the GTS organization with the technical knowledge to support the products and provide services and ensure that Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) is crafted into the product!
You will scan for systemic issues that cause extra effort for customers. You will advocate to senior leadership for engineering and tooling improvements that improve the support experience. You'll identify requirements, handle project schedules, and identify risks to integrate support for all phases of the product life cycle. Explore options and develops innovational support and services plans that key on product strengths and make effective use of Splunk resources. Provide technical direction and mentorship to all GTS functions in preparation of support and service capabilities.
- Represent GTS in multiple new product core teams.
- Makes sure Customer Services readiness for all new products and features by coordinating training for all Technical Support Engineers and TSAM etc. worldwide, leading implementation of support processes and support system changes, and handling the fruition of appropriate Global technical support readiness documents and video content.
- Provides input to the technical support management regarding staffing and capital equipment requirements to support new products.
- Reviews as well as provides appropriate feedback to marketing and product requirement definitions to ensure that the RAS features are included.
- You will also review worldwide technical support services operational reports to make sure that product and/or customer feedback and RAS requirements and/or impacts are clearly understood by Development and Product Marketing organizations.
- Coordinates the development of product support plans and the documentation review process.
- Develops relationships and processes to support 3rd party products, product requiring a 3rd party partner involvement, or product requiring an outsource support plan.
- Represents customer support in various support programs as required by the organization, such as Beta trial programs.
- Engages and develops End of Support plans.
- Designs and updates support readiness information on technical support internal websites.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Open to equivalent experience in a software and hardware support environment.
- We are looking for a minimum of 5 years hands on experience in the communications technology, preferably field engineering or technical support.
- Need 4 years validated work experience in new products, related engineering, or in a program management role.
- Real validated understanding of software/Cloud interaction is required.
Certifications/Accreditations: PMP preferred
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity supporting the following technologies: Cybersecurity, Data Analytics and virtual technologies. Experience with SaaS models and Agile Software Development methods is a plus.
Other Abilities Required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Analysis, customer service orientation, services financial and eye for business, ability to mine data from systems for use in business analysis/program justification, results-oriented insight, functional job knowledge, initiative, judgment/decisiveness, negotiation, oral presentation, organizational agility, planning & organizing, excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.