Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Program Manager, working with Supportability you will lead projects that support Splunk’s mission to drive reactive customer support to zero by shepherding cross-functional initiatives from end-to-end. In this role you will work closely with the Director of Supportability, learning the current state of the Splunk Supportability group, and working with multi-functional teams to build product excellence, improve customer experience and support productivity.
The Senior Program Manager, Supportability will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a little bit of elbow grease, to craft solutions that lead teams toward improved monitoring, diagnostics and release readiness. You’ll use analytical insights, your technical knowledge and experience in supportability to fulfill the completion of clearly defined goals and solution implementation.
If you want to be a key piece of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer experiences across various channels, functions, and platforms - then this role might be a good fit for you. What are you waiting for? Apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with support and product leadership to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. With your expertise in methodologies and tooling, you'll help share standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- You'll partner with Support leaders to oversee the program to improve the supportability of Splunk products.
- Track projects and development efforts that target reduction of the number of reactive support cases and reduces the time required to accurately diagnose issues.
- Drive success of the program end to end, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results.
- Apply analytics to data; in collaboration with Support, Product and Engineering, collate and communicate supportability and product related insights.
- Track key performance indicators, objectives and key results for all organizations involved. Obtain alignment and influence cross-functionally to meet these outcomes.
- Facilitate collaboration to ensure product integration with support tools to provide better support experiences for our customers.
- Ensure that the Support organization is properly informed and trained to support the new product releases.
- Act as a customer experience champion and supportability thought leader within the company and remain up-to-date on industry best practices.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience
- You're phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver. You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
- Experience in a fast-growing, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Demonstrated change management and cross functional project management experience
- Solid track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion
- Demonstrated sense of accountability and ownership in an environment that requires the ability to navigate ambiguity
- You have a passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Experience in Hypothesis Testing or Statistics or Analytical tools (desired)
- Experience using Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise
- Experience working with enterprise class monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Experience running Kaizen or Lean events (desired)
Education? I've got that:
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- PMP, Scrum Master, or SAFe Certified (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.