Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Part of the Splunk family is VictorOps, located in Boulder, Colorado. VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, we empower engineering and operations to collaborate, solve problems faster, and continuously improve in high-velocity deployment environments. We care deeply about our customers and strive to improve the quality of life of the on-call technical worker (that's us, too).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Program Manager / Scrum Master with experience across technical disciplines within a Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. Someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive projects to completion.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with multiple teams in our Boulder office, guiding them through the use of Agile and Scrum practices.
- You'll schedule and facilitate team events such as Sprint Plannings, Sprint Reviews, Stand-ups, Retrospectives, etc.
- You'll act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Documentation, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- You'll own the success of a program from end-to-end, tracking and reporting on progress, and driving resolution of issues.
- Working with your peers across the organization, you'll ensure accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results.
- You'll be part of the Program Management team driving company-wide practices to enable teams and improve delivery.
- You'll work with product leadership to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. With your expertise in methodologies and tooling, you'll help share standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- You have 5+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles.
- You have 3+ years working with Agile or Scrum methodologies.
- You have experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- You're great at juggling multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross-functional teams.
- You have experience with Agile collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket. You understand key technical tools such as Git, Excel, Slack, Salesforce, AWS, Docker, and Artifactory.
- Communication, detail management, and Agile practices are your forte. You can communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively. You've got a large toolkit of program management processes and experience that you can use and customize as needed.
- You're phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver. You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
- As a senior member, you're ready to mentor or coach your teammates on the Program Management team.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent experience