Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a hardworking Principal Program Manager with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. We're looking for someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive projects to completion. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead development teams to deliver outstanding, world-class enhancements and features to our Splunk Enterprise platform.
- Develop and maintain project plans to determine critical milestones, overall timeline, and resource constraints. Work with management to alleviate bottlenecks in the projects and drive resolution of issues.
- Act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Docs, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- Schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups, and various other team meetings. You will track and report KPIs on project/sprint progress.
- Champion new methods, tools and processes and drive company-wide program management practice standardization and improvement. Your experience and expertise will help bring us to the next level and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with product leadership to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. Recommend on-going changes to adapt program scope and strategic focus to achieve goals company-wide and team goals.
- Mentor and coach program managers in your area.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles.
- 5+ years working within a team using Agile or Scrum methodologies.
- You are an excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation experience.
- You have the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- You have experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and releasing software.
- You are great at juggling multiple, competing priorities and concurrent software projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Communication, project management, and Agile practices are your forte. You are familiar with Lean and Agile methodologies. You can communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively. You've got a large toolkit of program management processes and experience that you can use and customize as needed.
- You have an understanding of key technical tools such as Git, Codeship, Excel, Slack, Salesforce, AWS, Docker, Puppet, and Artifactory. Experience with Agile management tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket) are great.
- You are phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver. You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
- You have a strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends and deliver projects on time, with expected feature sets.
Education? I've got that.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP, or equivalent experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.