Senior Program Manager, Enterprise
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Senior Program Manager will be in charge of leading large cross-functional process transformation initiatives end to end. For the processes you own, you will learn the current state, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, and guide the defining and building of the future state to help scale the business. You are a guru and SME when it comes to analytics and you use these skills to measure performance and surface insights into future improvements.
Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals. You will also be responsible for driving large scale global, cross-functional programs tied to goals and initiatives.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer, partner, and employee experiences across various channels, functions, and platforms. You will face new challenges daily and identify creative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead, facilitate, and develop resolution to critical business issues that elevate teams and business functions to becoming a SAAS company
- Interact with executive leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the core spokesperson for your team/program
- Drive process improvement initiatives to scale and automate key business processes delivering measurable results including but not limited to the future design of our GTM, Financial, Operations, Product approach
- Own success of the program end to end, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results
- Define and measure current state and provide root cause analysis for the process initiatives you own demonstrating data analysis and process observation
- Create and maintain a formal network with cross-functional teams to define future state and orchestrate comprehensive plans to deliver process improvements from start to finish
- Establish baseline metrics, monitor "key performance improvements" documentation, and reporting and on process improvement results ensuring adoption of the new processes across the business
- Act as a liaison between your engineering teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Docs, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective
- Create and/or maintain program documentation, program plans, risks, and track status
- Schedule, facilitate, and lead team events such as Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups, and various other team meetings
- Conduct regular retrospectives and process reviews to identify improvement opportunities
- Identify and demonstrate elite process benchmarks to enable step change improvements
- Guide and share standard methodologies regarding process improvement tools and methodologies
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skill
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Release Management acumen and cross functional project management experience
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level of an organization
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, DMAIC (desired)
- Ability to work across cross functional group and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- Experience running Kaizen or Lean events (desired)
- Consulting experience (desired)
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.