Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Program Manager for our Cloud Operations team with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a sharp individual who won't miss details while guiding multiple teams. You are someone who thrives in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work; you’re also an expert at driving teams to completion. If you thrive working in a dynamic environment where you can act and think quickly on your feet, join our diverse and growing PMO team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll allign and guide cross-functional teams in Cloud Ops (Engineering, Support, Security and Compliance) to deliver on key projects/initiatives
- You'll own internal/external communications to ensure stakeholders have a clear understanding of program status and risks
- Drive program success by developing milestones and holding leads and teams accountable for deliverables
- Provide expert and actionable guidance on development best practices – teams can look to you for crafting sound plans to make progress
- Work with Cloud Ops leads to develop OKRs and track progress against initiatives that will “move the needle”
- Collaborate with Program Managers within the organization to oversee dependent release activities and deliverables to stay one step ahead of potential blockers
- Proactively identify potential issues and inefficiencies that need to be quickly resolved
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- You have 8+ years of experience in software development or operations program management
- You bring in a strong background of working on Cloud/SaaS products with a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and operations
- You possess strong technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes). This knowledge doesn’t need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks
- You’re very familiar with using and guiding others on how to use tools such as Git, Codeship, Excel, Slack, Salesforce, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- You're great at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver
- You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
- You are able to stay on top of multiple programs involving cross-functional groups and effortlessly juggle competing priorities
- You are a master communicator and a strategic thinker - you're able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification or PMP or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.