Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager for our Cloud Operations team with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won't miss details, while guiding multiple teams. Someone who thrives in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive the teams to completion. If you thrive working in an environment where diversity is embraced, and change is inevitable, while getting the opportunity to work on Products that positively impact people's lives - what are you waiting for? Apply today and join our dynamic PMO team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll act as a liaison between cloud operations, customer support, development and other internal groups, such as security and compliance.
- You'll draft and socialize communication plans to support communication needs for Cloud Operations in both internal and external projects to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- You'll track and report KPI's on project/sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues
- You'll ensure external dependencies are handled and internal needs are met
- You'll work in an open and collaborative environment with your peers to oversee related or dependent release activities and deliverables to align with Cloud Operations guidelines.
- You'll provide schedules and track projects, releases, upgrades, and maintenance to meet desired milestones.
- Lastly, you'll make sure that your team has the resources and support needed to be successful!
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 5+ years experience in software or operations program or project management or closely related roles
- You have experience with enterprise software and cloud; having a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Solid track record of running multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross functional groups and/or release management.
- You have strong skills in documentation, Agile management, and source control systems like Git, Codeship, Excel, Slack, and Salesforce. Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket) are a plus.
- You're great at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver.
- You are able to juggle multiple, contending priorities at any given time.
- You are a master communicator and a strategic thinker - you're able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively.
- You possess strong technical acumen, with fundamental knowledge of key cloud technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Artifactory). This knowledge doesn’t need to be practical, but at a level of understanding needed to lead development or release tasks, and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
Education? I've got that:
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification or PMP or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent experience
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.