Sr. Product Manager – Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring, Splunk Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help bring our industry leading Infrastructure Monitoring SaaS solution to a whole new level with step-function usability enhancement.
You will work closely with your peers in product, engineering, design, architect and GTM teams, both within Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring and across Observability suite to:
- Drive significant revenue growth with new and renewal customers through usability and product capability improvement
- Own the Infrastructure Monitoring navigator environment and drive critical development to enable seamless navigation, monitoring and troubleshooting experience across tech stack
- Research and understand user journey, build differentiated functionalities and monitoring features in the platform to support strategic infrastructure monitoring solutions and integrated user experience across Splunk observability product suite
- Help drive the strategic directions of Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for long term success
This position will require a solid understanding of the users’ needs and workflow, the instincts and creativity to ideate and implement new user journeys, and the technical expertise and development experience required to produce clear product requirements and navigate the technical complexity of monitoring products, including the metrics and streaming analytics platform.
You will need to work with our global team across San Jose, RTP offices in the US and Krakow office in Poland.
- Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, high-impact, innovative features, and sharp product requirements
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to drive GTM efforts and solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Able to independently identify significant opportunities in an ambiguous area and build consensus around roadmaps
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity; willing to dive deep into technical requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead, collaborate and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Experience with developing software, understanding engineering tradeoffs, and an intuition for the needs of the developers and operators who use our products
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- 3-5 years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or analytics related
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.