Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Platform services team at Splunk works on building SaaS offerings, often using cloud-native technologies, that power up multiple products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our essential services. Areas of ownership span foundational and impactful work across billing, metering, auditing, and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) analysis to begin with. Over time, this role could expand to additional services and deeper capabilities as the Cloud platform matures.
This product manager will play a leading role in the evolution of our platform and establish themselves as the drivers of major capabilities in a best-in-class enterprise technology company. You will work with business and finance partners, develop use cases with other Splunk PMs from other app teams, and closely partner with engineering and program management. You will find opportunities to build new services, and advocate for standard methodologies.
- Define metering capabilities for new pricing models
- Conceptualize and develop new monetization capabilities
- Conduct cost analyses and define a cost attribution model for infrastructure and services
- Partner with our data teams to distill insights from usage data
- Identify and operationalize a plan for Splunk Cloud's auditing capabilities
- Partner with Cloud finance and operations teams to evolve Cloud Billing
- Develop Product Requirements on how existing and new services can be applied across the platform and our solutions that delight our customers
- Collect customer, sales, partner, and market input for the development of product requirements, then develop and validate associated requirements
- Develop and refine engineering plans and roadmaps by working with engineering on an ongoing basis
- Support product marketing to develop product positioning, pricing, and collateral
- Serve as the subject matter authority to Splunk’s field operations through product training and sales support activities
- Passion for solving exciting problems and analysis
- Learn Splunk, both the product and the company
- Strong technical background with interest and passion to define the state-of-the-art and its applications to real-world business problems.
- 5+ years strong, consistent record in product management with relevant exposure or similar role in an enterprise software company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration skills and validated ability to lead without authority
- Experience building analytical models, particularly cost or pricing models
- Experience working on Cloud metering or billing technologies, or in auxiliary domains such as auditing, security, networking, or APIs.
- Self-motivated product managers and innovators, with a balance of initiative, collaboration, and pragmatism
- Familiarity with and experience shipping IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS cloud services with production deployments and good customer adoption
- Ability to write, defend and execute on customer use cases and PRDs
- Experience with market analysis and understanding of enterprise Go to Market motions
- Experience or interest in working with teams in other divisions, across organizational boundaries
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s or MS degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science);
- PREFERRED: Analytics courses or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.