Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying tremendous growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Product Manager for Digital Shopping, within the IT Engineering group, you will be responsible for defining the vision and roadmap for Digital Shopping and account management for Splunk Prospects and Customers. You will deeply understand customer needs and external industry innovation to offer a best-in-class shopping experience for our customers. You will work with domain specialists and engineers to improve and deliver a personalized and relevant experience across our customers’ shopping and account management journey.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Articulate our digital shopping and customer account management strategy.
- Develop and refine product roadmaps that inform our engineering teams of the problems that need to be solved
- Partner closely with our engineering teams on the execution of product strategy and roadmaps
- Create strong partnerships with business stakeholders creating continuous feedback loops that allow us to better understand their problems
- Understand the needs of Splunk customers to build and ship remarkable solutions that achieve our eCommerce goals
- Work closely with design teams to deliver digital shopping and account management experiences that are personalized and relevant
- Foster an environment that enables the engineering and scrum team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results
- Drive A/B testing to experiment with various customer shopping and account management experiences and identify launch candidates that improve product metrics and outcomes
- Extensive experience working with engineering teams as a Product Owner to develop products using an Agile delivery methodology, specifically Scrum or Kanban
- Product backlog prioritization responsibility to ensure the highest business value is being delivered.
- Independently author feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business scenarios
- Ensure that our product evolution thoughtfully addresses product adoption
- Build strong relationships internally and externally; present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to broad teams in an effective manner
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of experience as a product manager
- 3+ years experience product managing digital shopping/ ecommerce products or experience in the digital shopping/ ecommerce space
- Ability to manage a portfolio of bigger and smaller delivery while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success and problem solving without perfect metrics
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey and continuously go above and beyond the comfort zone.
- Good balance of IQ & EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations. An active listener and clear communicator; can lead by influence.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred
- Experience operating with a geographically dispersed workforce
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/ Engineering or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want our teams to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.