Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Senior Product Manager in the IT engineering organization, you will contribute to the success of our products that directly impact business processes or help grow our $2B+ and growing business.
We are looking for a senior product manager who would be responsible for enabling seamless access to product documentation for our customers, allowing them to get the most out of the product they purchased. Scope of work would include working with and retiring an old content management system (CMS) and moving functionality to a new platform. As the role progresses, responsibilities will include standing-up and/or building on existing solutions to support different business and Splunk customer documentation needs. Knowledge of user management processes (group management, authorization, etc.) will be important in this role.
You will be responsible for driving the roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to cross functional teams while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and managing key performance indicators. This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging practices and how they can be used within the company
- Ensure work aligns to the OKRs/metrics of the product. Create corresponding data/analytics to track and control the health of the product and business impact. This includes functional and technical OKR/metrics.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our internal business partners
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Support agile and product principals through sprint execution. Develops stories and defines clear acceptance criteria for completion. Partner with the scum team to ensure quality. Create and use test and learn practices, to drive product learnings and product adoption.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes. Exhibit strong communication within the immediate scrum team, and with key partners/end users of the product. Can demo and interact with customers/users and how they use a product, articulating its benefits.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally; present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to broad teams in an effective manner
- Work with teams outside the product function including sales, product marketing, customer success and support to build comprehensive go-to-market motions from marketing to delivery
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of product management experience including product owner experience working in partnership with a delivery team using Scrum.
- Demonstrated ability to identify which problems to solve through a logical/systematic approach and determine when to scale a solution. Demonstrates curiosity and empathy, and asks probing questions that help uncover customer needs.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce.
- Experience facilitating productive sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions with the delivery team.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Experience in creating a positive culture where people are treated with kindness, respect, and appreciation.
- Excellent written documentation, technical diagrams, and executive presentation abilities.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk offices to meet with key partners.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred
- Experience operating with a geographically dispersed workforce
Education: Got it!
BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want our teams to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.