As Senior PM at Splunk, you will lead the product roadmap for open-source instrumentation & data collection across various languages for APM to provide an amazing out-of-the-box experience for our customers. As the primary PM responsible for this important product area, you will need to thrive in a very multi-functional and collaborative environment working internally with metrics & logs product teams, externally with Open-Telemetry and Partner Ecosystem as well as engineering, marketing, sales and business development counterparts.
- Deeply understand our key personas - DevOps, ITOPs, Service Owners, SRE, Platform Teams - to drive product roadmap for an easy-to-use, quick-time-to-value APM Instrumentation experience across all key languages - Java, Python, .NET, Ruby Go, Node, PHP
- Engage internally, with Metrics & Logs team, as well as externally, with Open-Telemetry, to define instrumentation across different data sources - metrics, logs, traces - to enable seamless integration across Infrastructure, APM & Logging products
- Work with and find opportunities within the Partner Ecosystem - Public Cloud Vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure), Service-Mesh Vendors and other players - to ingest tracing telemetry for key customer use-cases
- Communicate user and customer needs crisply and succinctly within SignalFx; and work distributed engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities with a compelling roadmap providing quick-time-to-value across different languages
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Knack for gleaning user/customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- Bias-to-action, willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- Prior experience and passion for creating intuitive, easy-to-use products for technical customers (Developers, DevOps, ITOPs)
- Prior experience engaging & leading Open-Source Communities and Partner Ecosystem in nascent areas
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field; MS Desired
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or data analytics products
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle; experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.