Senior Principal Engineer, Cloud Operations
Join us on the Splunk Cloud Operations organization! This position is an opportunity to join the team that is responsible for Cloud’s operational infrastructure and delivery. The team demonstrates commercial cloud platforms to deliver Splunk’s data to everything platform for customers of Splunk Cloud. This role will act as a technical leader for Splunk Operations, driving strategy and delivery of a world-class cloud experience. The role will be responsible for driving architecture and design decisions as well as ack as technical thought leadership for our Technical Operations organization of SREs. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and technical leadership to drive the growth of our cloud offerings here at Splunk!
- Act as the technical and architectural leadership for Cloud Operations SREs
- Drive DevOps standard methodologies across organizational functions
- Drive increased automation & processes adoption
- Perform end-to-end administration of virtual Amazon infrastructure, focusing on Linux based systems.
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of sophisticated problems and resolve high impacting operational issues.
- Work with Puppet and Terraform for automated deployment capability, along with Gitlab source code management.
- Work across the organization to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's hardworking users.
- Lead groups of tight-knit, super smart engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Mentor and help new engineers to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Extensive experience as a Linux system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Understanding of search processing language (SPL)
- Splunk administration and architecture design experience
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience leading systems in AWS including Amazon EC2. Exposure to GCP would be helpful
- Experience supporting customer facing multi-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Experience with Python, Golang, Shell, and open source based systems
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.