Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a mindful Portfolio / Program Manager with experience coordinating multiple programs and working on high-value projects. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. Someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work.
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and manage the process for tracking operational plans and ensuring alignment with corporate initiatives. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and tactical execution. If you thrive in a culture that is fast paced and forward thinking then this is the role for you! Apply today.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist department leads in translating business and financial goals to their operating roadmap.
- Create and maintain systems to track objectives and milestones for the entire organization.
- Facilitate interlock sessions across departments to plan for dependencies and address issues.
- Communicate actionable insights to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Create, maintain, and improve project/program management practices and tools to ensure a cohesive approach for the corporate PMO team.
- Manage strategic, high-profile corporate programs in a cross-functional, time-sensitive environment; managing timelines, dependencies, and risks to drive program success.
- Build content for reviews and ensure effective communication in a variety of mediums and forums.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the core spokesperson for the program.
- Identify project/program bottlenecks and proactively drive resolution.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Strategy and operations experience in a SaaS company; consulting or industry environment.
- Proven experience with enterprise portfolio management and strategic roadmap development.
- Strong Program Management/Project Management skills and experience (Six Sigma, Agile knowledge a plus)
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- A validated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts.
- Expertise in program/project management tools and packages (Smartsheet preferred)
- Validated experience communicating directly with leadership, proactive problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Attention to detail and ability to organize, simplify, and drive clarity when working on large amounts of content.
- Hardworking teammate and collaborator with strong interpersonal skills that enable you to work cross-functionally in a diverse corporate environment and across geographies.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.