Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat operational and analytics fanatic, with deep SaaS, Business Operations or Sales Operations experience? Do you enjoy ‘digging into the data’, mining for insight, and finding ways to positively improve performance and insight? Would you like to play a key role in the success of our rapidly growing Customer Success and Software Renewals business? If so, Splunk is looking for an experienced, results-driven candidate with extraordinary skills in system, process, and data operations to support a fast-moving and fast-growing team of Retention and Renewals experts in our Asia Pacific theater.
Working inside the Splunk Renewals and CSM Operations Team, the Sr. Operations Analyst will provide dedicated in-theater support for our growing Renewals practice in the Asia Pacific theater. In this role, you will help drive and support operational excellence and performance insight by maintaining a robust forecast process, continuously improving tools and reporting infrastructure, engaging with internal business partners in a highly effective way, and delivering insight and analytics that drive key growth and scale imperatives.
Responsibilities: I want to, and can do that…
- Providing dedicated operational support to a team of Retention and Renewals experts in our Asia Pacific theater, including deal level analysis, systems training, and ad hoc reporting.
- Developing a deep understanding of the existing landscape of infrastructure, tools, and data that are available to support the Retention and Renewals business.
- Being incredibly familiar and hands-on with the data and metrics of the business, able to adapt reporting and create visualizations that are needed for outward and upward communication.
- Maintaining a global renewal forecast dashboard, working closely with Renewals Management and Renewal Sales Reps to capture status updates, ensure forecast accuracy, and proactively research and address data gaps.
- Providing Customer Success Managers and Renewal Sales Reps with expert operational support, answering questions related to subscription entitlement, performance metrics, and deal structure.
- Passionate about driving Splunk’s Cloud/Term renewal strategy, including supporting target setting, coverage modeling, capacity planning and forecasting in partnership with Renewals, Sales, Sales Operations and Finance.
- Finding practical ways to bring together data and insights to monitor and direct the performance of the business.
- Bring together win/loss reasons; capitalizing on wins as best practices and identifying root cause for losses; targeting for improvement efforts.
- Helping prepare operational review content to present success to senior leadership, with focus on key drivers of renewal business.
- Identifying opportunities to continuously improve systems, process, and data to eliminate gaps in performance insight, improve data accuracy, and drive operational efficiencies.
- Keeping current on Splunk’s product portfolio, pricing strategies, quoting systems, contracting tools, and subscription management tools to identify and mitigate risks to operational coverage and reporting.
- Overall, being a partner to the business, understanding and prioritizing work based on the insight it can provide to positively and directly impact Splunk’s bottom line.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years in a similar operational/analytics role: Supporting Sales Operations, Customer Success, Professional Services or similar.
- Practical, current, hands-on knowledge of Enterprise Sales Infrastructure, such as Salesforce CRM/CPQ and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue Management software (i.e. Gainsight).
- Familiarity with data management and analytics solutions, such as Tableau (or similar), BI tools, scripting, SQL, and an absolute Excel Legend!
- Solid understanding of SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales business model with understanding of customer lifecycle measures and revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a quota carrying sales/renewals team and driving sales productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening; composing clear, concise correspondence, internal policies, procedures, presentations, and reports.
- Possess a keen business insight with the ability to handle, analyze and track data for a sophisticated and often complex process.
- Strong analytical skills and can accurately summarize and present complex principles to an external audience
- Demonstrable ability to create, document, implement, measure and enhance processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in complex business structures; thrives when working in a fast paced, high-growth, results oriented environment.
- Education: An academic background in a numerate discipline (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics) is a bonus, or similar foundational skills through experience