Ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
Splunk is seeking a Senior Security Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering Services team, a team responsible for designing, building, securing, and maintaining Splunk’s global corporate, development and production infrastructure within Splunk’s cloud and data center networks.
As Senior Network Security Engineer, your role will be to ensure the availability, stability, and integrity of Splunk’s network infrastructure services, with a concentration on Network Access Control (NAC). You'll partner with Splunk Global Security architects to develop scalable secure network solutions by utilizing standardized reference architectures, author documents, define lifecycle and operational support models, and lead the implementation activities to deliver a secure zero trust network platform.
You will have solid foundation and experience in deploying and supporting a diverse range of environments, including designing large enterprise security infrastructure, highly available firewall designs, policy orchestration and management platforms. You will also support daily operations of the network infrastructure and services, including projects, network upgrades, maintenance activities, and on-call rotation.
- Architect, configure, and maintain security infrastructure for corporate and cloud environments
- Partner with Global Security to constantly refine and improve the company's network security standards
- Establish Zero Trust network vision and lead all aspects of design, implementation, and support in partnership with the Global Security team
- Lead the cloud infrastructure security standard, including security, configurations in public cloud (Azure, AWS, etc.) platforms
- Develop automated methods to remediate and mitigate network events and minimize network operational complexity
- Handle complex and detailed hands-on technical projects to establish and maintain a secure environment
- Implement and maintain network security infrastructure globally including Firewalls, DDOS mitigation, VPN and remote access
- Lead the design, build, and deployment of solutions that protect the company and its customers against advanced threats
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, detection, and remediation to secure the network environments
- Mentor a small, high-impact and multi-talented Security team
- Potential travel to support field office projects
- 10+ years of network engineering experience, supporting large global multi-vendor enterprise infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in building distributed security systems and highly-available services
- Proficient in network-security concepts such as firewall, network segmentation, proxies, and IPS/IDS
- Expert knowledge in routing and switching technologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VTP, VRF, STP, VLAN, vPC, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS, QoS, GRE, IP SEC, DNS, TACACS, NTP, etc.
- Knowledge of identity and access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO and SAML
- Lead implementation and configuration of security solutions, working with vendors and professional services as needed
- Review solution architecture and lead security solution implementations and associated configurations
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment, across multiple data centers including public clouds
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks including Panorama required
- Experience using network diagnosis and packet analysis tools
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with speed and efficiency
- Ability to self-motivate and manage/prioritize tasks
- Passion for customer service and attention to detail and accuracy
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.