Senior Mobile Software Developer in Test
Engineering San Jose, California
Do you have a passion for building mobile products? Do you want to be part of a founding team for a new mobile first product and build something from the ground up?
Splunk is seeking a Sr. Mobile Automation Engineer who is passionate about developing software the right way and skilled at applying automation to streamline our Agile SDLC. You will help develop the QA technology stack to deliver high-quality apps across iOS, tvOS and Android. You will design and implement a robust test automation system that will ensure the team delivers consistently high quality apps in a fast paced development environment. You will also be working closely with product engineering group to analyze the new feature risks, determine the test gaps, review the test plans and certify the product quality for each release. This role serves as an evangelist for good software engineering practice within Engineering to continuously improve speed, quality and scalability of our build and test systems.
- Consider app quality holistically, design and build multiple types of automation tests including UI, regression, performance and battery tests.
- Work with app engineers to determine risk, develop a test plan, write test cases based on use case scenario and certify that the app has met our production quality standards.
- Research and review test productivity tools and libraries, making recommendations to improve the overall productivity of the team.
- Evangelize good software engineer practices and continually raise quality bar.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience deep understanding of test design, planning and hands on resolving the test automation
- 5+ years’ experience testing iOS or Android apps
- Experience in testing multiple facets of an app, including performance, memory leaks, battery usage, network variability, etc.
- Experience in shipping apps to Apple and Google Play stores is a plus.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be creative for the hard problems, be capable of doing the difficult tasks under time pressure.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AR and VR
- Experience testing wearables and TV apps
- Experience testing frameworks and SDKs
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.