Job Description Role
Senior Marketing Communications Manager, Public Relations & Customer Advocacy, Japan
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to help build a safer and more resilient digital world. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Marketing Communications Manager, you will be part of a team that plays a strategic role in the growth of the Splunk brand. At its core, the role is about creating opportunities to tell phenomenal customer and technology stories that showcase the value of Splunk and our vision to help organizations accelerate their digital transformation..
You have experience supporting revenue growth through brand awareness. You embrace creative approaches to Public Relations (PR) and Customer Advocacy. You are a big-idea person to create compelling brand stories, pitch and promote them. You have deep and rich experience in strategizing, planning and implementing media-centric strategies and programs blending PR and other communications channels. You will work with the teams to create rich, persona-centric customer stories across all formats and channels. You’re a strategic thinker with an understanding of data-driven marketing and have past work experience in B2B/enterprise software/SaaS companies.
Reporting to the Director, APAC Marketing and Communications (based in Singapore), the Senior Marketing Communications Manager will work at Splunk’s Japan office.
- Develop and implement a successful and impactful communications strategy to ensure we lead conversations and generate awareness of Splunk through earned and editorial media within business, IT and trade media.
- A strategist and main person to prepare news releases, messaging, blogs and media materials to support Splunk Japan’s business strategy
- Create clear and concise Japan-specific narratives that resonate with Splunk’s target audiences and develop a compelling point-of-view for the local Japan market and key focus industries.
- Collaborate closely with global, regional and local leadership and business/functional teams to shape and share communication strategy aligned to business goals.
- Prepare spokespersons for media/industry engagements (including media interviews, speeches and company/industry event participation).
- Collaborate with global PR, regional and local functional, and external PR agency teams to ensure message integration and consistency across external and internal communications channels and drive actionable outcomes.
- Develop and nurture relationships with journalists in business, IT and trade media.
- Partner with the PR agency to monitor media coverage and prepare reports on media activities and trends, as well as provide insights and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Identify key customer wins where you maintain a consistent pool of nominations and work with internal functional teams to convert them to external referenable materials.
- Ensure rich multi-format customer stories are amplified across videos, events and presentations, media quotes, webinars and more.
- Work closely with our global and regional marketing teams to promote customer stories through various marketing and communications channels.
- 12+ years of communications and customer advocacy experience, with 8+ years working in B2B/enterprise software/SaaS companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations/Journalism/Marketing or equivalent education/experience.
- Deep and extensive experience working with global, regional, and Japan cross functional, marketing teams, and act as key point of contact for Japan PR and customer advocacy.
- Demonstrate competence working with local business leaders and multiple functional teams to shape and execute on strategies and develop compelling messaging to elevate Splunk brand awareness that resonate with local market trends.
- Proficient in English language - reading, writing and conversational areas
- An established track record of PR and customer advocacy success in Japan and be able to demonstrate quantifiable results.
- Demonstrate past work experiences to frame communications and customer advocacy strategy in the context of business goals and customer needs. Consider return on investment, business objectives, customer needs, and competitive differentiation with every decision.
- Experience in working closely with senior management and leadership teams.
- Strong attention to detail with organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data for actionable insights and intelligence.
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly-motivated individual who thrives in fast-paced teams.
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience managing and leading agency teams.
- Teamwork. We're a collaborative team, and we require someone with positive energy and strong desire to partner with global and regional marketing and functional teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Creativity. Someone who is willing to bring an endless supply of new ideas.
- Experience working across a range of media platforms, including print, digital, social media, broadcast, etc.