Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This position reporting into the Senior Director, G&A and Shared Services and will be a part of both our transaction and analytics team supporting the FP&A department. You will partner closely with all FP&A leads and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. You will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and learn crucial Finance processes across the organization.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Introduce improvements, streamline, and eliminate unnecessary processes and workflow that will enhance the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Provide day to day operational support to FP&A users of planning, consolidation and financial reporting systems and act as lead for enterprise-wide financial system projects on behalf of FP&A.
- Work cross functionally on SAP ERP functional enhancements and other financial system initiatives such as the master data governance project.
- Define and lead the development of our FP&A overall financial system roadmap. This includes effectively collaborating with key partners (Finance, IT, HR, etc.) to implement automated internal management reports, financial analytics and metrics and other tools.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews and risk assessments required to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Strategic and results driven leader who understands accounting and finance processes and has extensive financial systems experience (with high volumes of data in a complex multi-currency global environment).
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a start-up mentality.
- Outstanding software and system skills with extensive experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) and Planning (Hyperion, Anaplan, etc.) systems including data conversions and data mapping across multiple ERPs and Consolidation /Reporting systems a must.
- Inspiring leader with experience building high functioning teams.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
Education and Experience: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in a leadership role within a Finance organization including 3 years of management experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.